Dear Valued Donor,
As I was pondering on the content of this, my last communication to you for the current year, three thoughts crossed my mind which I would like to share with you:
- What does Yad Aharon & Michael purchase with your donations?
- Food, to alleviate the current nutritional insecurity in our community.
- What do YOU buy with your donations?
- Our acknowledgement of you as someone who not only cares, but cares enough to take action.
- It therefore follows, that as infinitely invaluable as the donations we received is the person who gave them because, through that support, you were instrumental in advancing our cause and making life easier for hundreds of families who rely on us to provide one of life’s most basic needs.
I ask you to imagine for a moment, hundreds of clients collecting their food parcels, grateful that their meals will, once again, include protein. Believe me when I tell you that moms are reduced to tears when walking into our Supermarket to “shop” for groceries, overwhelmed with gratitude that they will re-stock their bare pantry. Picture our children awaiting their monthly Ohr Natanel – School Lunch Box hampers with eager anticipation and wondering what snacks and treats will be in store for them this time! And what about the lonely and hungry people happily socializing in our Soup Kitchen whilst partaking of the Menu of the Day? Donors who have taken the time to visit our Bayit on our Distribution days have described the experience as “life-changing” and I urge you to pop in because, seeing really is believing!
As we approach the end of 2017, it is with a sense of satisfaction that we can look back on a year that has in many respects been challenging, but positive. My sincere gratitude goes to my wonderful staff, suppliers and loyal supporters who have stood by us this year. We know that you will be walking with us on the long journey ahead as we remain committed to fulfilling our mandate.
I came across the following powerful words which encapsulate one of my core beliefs:
Sow seeds of dedication, hard work and commitment and you will enjoy fruits of happiness and success.
On behalf of the Directors, I wish you and your families safe and happy holidays and a prosperous 2018.
With warm regards and abundant blessings,